How to Find Us & Where to Park
Plan your route and take your first steps
Getting to us
Travelling to Oban on the west coast of Scotland is a joy. Around three hours by car, coach or train from Glasgow or Edinburgh and less than 2 hours from Stirling, the scenic journey is a memorable part of a visit to this bustling seaside town.
Travelling by car:
Oban is easily reached from Central Scotland by taking the A82 which skirts the west side of Loch Lomond. Then either via Tyndrum or follow the A83 over the ‘Rest and be Thankful’ through Inveraray. Both journeys take between 2 and 3 hours, although you may be tempted to stop several times to admire the scenery.
Parking at Perle Oban:
Our hotel does not currently have its own parking facilities, but we do have a few car parks in very close proximity to the hotel:
- The Rockfield centre car park - Situated on Stevenson Street, the Rockfield Centre car park costs £5 per 24 hours or can be paid for hourly. There are around 40 spaces in this car park.
- The north pier car park - Situated along the sea front from Perle Oban is the North Pier car park. At capacity, there are 70 spaces in this car park. The car park charges £1 per hour Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Sunday 1-6pm.
- Tweedale street car park - Situated behind George Street, the Tweedale Street car park has roughly 60 spaces. The car park charges £1 per hour 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday, 1pm-6pm on Sundays.
- Lochavullin long stay car park - Situated on the Lochavullin Industrial Estate opposite Tesco. It is roughly a 10-15-minute walk from the car park to the hotel. This car park charges £1 per hour between 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday and 1pm-6pm on Sunday.
- On street parking - You can also park your car in the main streets of the town. On street inner zone, 1st half hour is free then 20p per 10 minutes, maximum 2 hours 9am-6pm Monday-Saturday or 1pm-6pm Sunday, Outer zone £1.20 per hour maximum 4 hours, 9am-6pm Monday-Saturday, 1pm-6pm Sunday. On street parking is free beyond the inner zone.
Travelling by train:
We are located on Station Road which means we are within walking distance from the train station, in fact, you will spot us as you walk through the station doors. There are regular direct trains from Glasgow Queen Street Station
Travelling by ferry:
If you’re coming into Oban from the other islands, you will see Perle Oban as you embark off the ferry – you can be in your room within minutes.